Minutes of the Parish Council Meeting on Tuesday, 10th July, 2018 held in All Saints Church, Fittleton at 7.00 p.m.

Download this document

---
Parish Councillors Present:Cllr. Alan WoodChairman
Cllr. Mrs .Corrine Gowman
Cllr. Mrs. Victoria Jago
Cllr. Mrs. Sheila Symes
Cllr. Ed Binsted
In Attendance:1 Member of the Public
Cllr. Ian Blair-PillingWiltshire Councillor
Mrs. Mary TowleClerk of the Council

REPORT BY WILTSHIRE COUNCILLOR, IAN BLAIR-PILLING

A report was received from Cllr. Blair-Pilling and circulated by email to all Councillors.

Tel: 01980 670812:  mobile: 07518 942216  emailian.blair-pilling@wiltshire.gov.uk.

PUBLIC QUESTION TIME

A member of the public expressed concern about the dangerous parking around The Pound in Haxton.   He asked that Wiltshire Council be contacted to re-paint the white lines. The Clerk informed him that this was done some time ago and it was put on the list for doing when the white line gang were in the area again.   The police have also been informed of the issue.

18/15

APOLOGIES

 

No apologies were received.

18/16

DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST

 

There were no Declarations of Interest

18/17

MINUTES

 

It was RESOLVED that the minutes of the meeting held on 8th May, 2018 be accepted as a true record.

18/18

REPORTS AND UPDATES

 

a .  Planning


18/05408/FUL

FULL PLANNING APPLICATION for single storey extension at 13 Meadow View, Haxton.

Parish Council Comments:  No objections

 

b .  Footpaths and Rights of Way


It was reported that The Drove is in need of cutting back.   Clerk to contact Landmarc.

The Clerk reported that there is a possibility of putting kissing gates on each end of Long Meadow and also re-establishing a forgotten footpath on the same field.   The Council agreed that the Clerk pursue this matter.


c .  Allotments


Cllr. Mrs Symes reported that 12 allotments have been taken this year.   This leaves 2
vacant allotments.   Some maintenance work has been done on the shed and in the near future the fence will be looked at and the posts strengthened.   The padlock has been replaced on the water tap by a larger one.


d .  Phoenix Hall

The Chairman gave a brief overview of the meeting between the two parish councils and the Phoenix Hall Management Committee.   The report is attached to the minutes.

It was agreed that the £300 which was put in the budget for the Phoenix Hall can be used to finish the kitchen.

It was reported that the Phoenix Hall will be closed between 13th and 18th September for painting the main hall and the floor.


e .  Highways


It was agreed that the Clerk will apply for a metro-count to be done on the Everleigh
Road to establish what speed the traffic is travelling over a 24 hour period.


f .  Tidworth Area Board


The Chairman reported that he has applied for leaflets for all the houses in Fittleton
and Haxton which lay out the new recycling arrangements from 30th July.

He has arranged that the Phoenix Hall will host two workshops for the Family Learning Festival again this year.   This takes place over the half term holidays and will be:

  • 27th October Wiltshire Wildlife Trust Workshop
  • 29th October Shabby Chic Workshop

It was agreed that Fittleton Parish Council will pay for the hire of the hall for one of the workshops.

18/19

PARISH MATTERS


There were no Parish Matters to discuss.

18/20

PARKING ON THE POUND

There was a discussion concerning the dangerous parking on the Pound.   The Clerk reported that she has informed the police and asked for assistance but as yet has received no response.   It was agreed that photographs will be taken to send to the police.

18/21

EVENTS HELD ON THE POUND

It was reported that the scheduled Summer Market which the PCC were organising on the Pound will be moved to the Church Path.

18/22

AUTUMN TIDY DAY


It was agreed that the Autumn Tidy Day will be on Saturday, 6
th October.   Everyone to meet at Orchard House at 10am.   Cllr. Victoria Jago reported that there is giant hogweed in the ditch leading to the Warren.   This will be dealt with on the Tidy Day.

The Clerk was asked to speak to the River Keeper about the overgrown hedge along the Haxton/Netheravon road.

18/23

CONSULTATION ON CLOSURE OF EVERLEIGH RECYCLING CENTRE


It was agreed to send a letter putting forward the following points:

  • As the villages which are served by the Everleigh HRC are isolated and far flung, it was felt most strongly that there would be a large increase in fly tipping on Salisbury Plain.   This costs an enormous amount of money to clear. Have you taken this into consideration when you considered savings on closing the HRC?
  • The comparisons with other centres are not valid as we are a large area with a sparse population and would be hard pressed to achieve the tonnage of other centres such as Trowbridge, Devizes and Amesbury.
  • The Environmental Issue.   People from the villages would have to travel increased distances to recycle their rubbish.   This does not comply with Environmental policies of Wiltshire Council.
  • Are HRC’s such as Amesbury prepared for an increase in the number of footfall in their Centres?  As well as extra people from the Everleigh HRC, there will be in the future many more people in the area due to Army Re-Basing.   In our experience there is always a queue in Amesbury and more people would have serious implications. If you find that you need to open Amesbury on more days, have you considered the extra cost of that in your calculations?

18/24

CASUAL VACANCY

The Clerk reported that Fittleton Parish Council have been given leave to co-opt onto the Council.   Councillors were asked to make suggestions for co-options and the Clerk will put an item in the Newsletter asking for a volunteer.

18/25

REPORT BY THE CLERK

 

  1. It was agreed that ‘Fittleton cum Haxton be put on the poppy wreath this year.

 

18/26

ACCOUNTS

 

a .  There is a balance of £8246.42 as at 1st July, 2018.   

b .  Cheques authorised since last meeting:

WALC – subs £94.64

Community First – Insurance £213.32

Cheerful Cuppa £20.00

Phoenix Hall Clerk £300.00

Wiltshire Air Ambulance £150.00

Netheravon Newsletter £100.00

Day Centre £150.00

18/27

CORRESPONDENCE

 

  1. An email has been received from the RA Museum asking Councillors to a meeting on 22nd August at Larkhill.   More information will be received later and the Clerk will email details to everyone.

18/28

ITEMS FOR NEXT MEETING

 

Poppies to commemorate the fallen in WW1 to mark the Centenary.

18/29

DATE OF NEXT MEETING

 

Tuesday, 7.30 p.m. on 11th September, 2018 in All Saint’s Church