Minutes of the Meeting on Tuesday, 2nd July, 2019 held in All Saint’s Church, Fittleton at 7.30 p.m.
Download this document
|Parish Councillors Present:||Cllr. Alan Wood||Chairman|
|Cllr. Mrs .Corrine Gowman|
|Cllr. Mrs. Victoria Jago|
|Cllr. Mrs. Sheila Symes|
|In Attendance:||Cllr. Ian Blair-Pilling||Wiltshire Councillor|
|Mrs. Mary Towle||Clerk of the Council|
|1 member of the public|
REPORT BY WILTSHIRE COUNCILLOR, IAN BLAIR-PILLING
Cllr. Blair-Pilling reported that:
- The Council has a new leader as Baroness Scott of Byford stepped down after 16 years. The new leader is Cllr. Philip Whitehead.
- The Council has awarded a grant of £50,000 to start up Avon Mutual Bank which will support micro-businesses and people who struggle to open accounts in mainstream banks
- It is intended that there will be pop-up banking facilities in hubs around Wiltshire
Tel: 01980 670812: mobile: 07518 942216 email: email@example.com.
Ian Blair-Pilling reported that Music in the Park was very successful. They covered all costs on the day.
Apologies were received from Cllrs: Greg Morgan and Simon Vaughan-Edwards
DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
There were no Declarations of Interest
It was RESOLVED that the minutes of the meeting held on 14th May, 2019 be accepted as a true record.
REPORTS AND UPDATES
WORK TO TREES IN A CONSERVATION AREA to fell line of Red Western Cedar trees at Fittleton Manor, Fittleton.
Parish Council Comments: Support
b. Footpaths and Rights of Way
The Clerk reported that an Avon Valley Rights of Way Group has been formed which consists of Netheravon, Enford, Fittleton and Haxton villages. This does not consist of just Parish Councillors and is open to all residents who are interested in keeping rights of way in good condition and accessible to all. It is intended to plan circular routes which are accessible to everyone and to ask the children from the school to design waymarks and to walk the routes and pick out items of interest to annotate on large scale maps of the routes. This can be brought down to scale and made into tri- fold A4 pamphlets which can be available at the shop and the pubs. Cllr. Mrs. Gowman agreed to attend future meetings.
A resident has asked that the litter bin should be moved from next to the seat at Fittleton. It was RESOLVED that the bin should remain where it is.
Cllr. Mrs Symes reported that the fence around the allotments and the fence post on the main gate are in a dilapidated state and need urgent attention. The Clerk will forward the address and phone number of fencing man to Cllr. Symes.
d. Phoenix Hall
Cllr. Wood reported that
- The Phoenix Hall did not get the lottery grant for a new store
- The Toddlers Group are moving from the Phoenix Hall
- The Phoenix Hall has had injections of cash from the Parish Councils, the Co-op, and the 200 Club
- Aspire is coming to Cheerful Cuppa on 16th July for a presentation in appreciation for giving money to help decorate the Hall.
The Clerk reported that the lines have been re-painted on the road at the Pound and the junctions with the C32. Also the pavement on the Haxton to Netheravon road has been repaired. Cllr. Mrs. Gowman reported that a resident has requested double yellow lines around The Pound. It was agreed not to pursue this and the Clerk was asked to write to the resident. It was agreed to produce posters to tape onto telegraph poles to remind drivers of the speed limit through the village. The Chairman will go to the next CATG meeting to ask for Slow Down signs for The Pound.
It was reported that the rendering was falling off the cob wall in Fittleton. It was considered that it was in a dangerous condition. The Clerk was asked to inform the owner.
f. Jubilee Committee
Cllr. Wood will be attending the next meeting.
g. Tidworth Area Board
Cllr. Mrs. Symes reported that most of the meeting was taken up by a Rights of Way Workshop. As a result of this workshop the Avon Valley Rights of Way Group was formed. The next meeting will be 18th July, 2019.
The Clerk reported that she has had no feedback from police about parking on The Pound.
AUTUMN TIDY DAY
It was agreed to defer this item until the September meeting
VE DAY 75 Celebrations
It was agreed that it will be discussed at the September meeting after a meeting of the Jubilee Committee.
It was agreed to ask Michael Beckingham to become a member of the Parish Council.
REPORT BY THE CLERK
- Website. The Clerk reported that it will be ready for approval by the September meeting. A local photographer has supplied some lovely photos of Fittleton and Haxton. It was agreed that the domain name would be www.fittletoncumhaxton.co.uk.
- Event for young people in Summer Holidays The Clerk asked the Parish Council if they would support an event for all young people in the villages which will be run by the Youth Club in the summer holiday. It was RESOLVED that the Parish Council would donate £60.
a. There is a balance of £7935.79 as at 2nd July, 2019.
b. Cheques authorised since last meeting:
Wiltshire Air Ambulance £150.00
Netheravon Newsletter £100.00
Netheravon Day Centre £150.00
PCC – Churchyard Maintenance £200.00
Mrs. M. Towle £65.00
No correspondence has been received.
ITEMS FOR NEXT MEETING
Autumn Tidy Day
VE Day 75 Celebrations
DATE OF NEXT MEETING
Tuesday, 7.30 p.m. on 10th September, 2019 in All Saint’s Church