Minutes of the Meeting on Tuesday, 10th September, 2019 held in All Saint’s Church, Fittleton at 7.30 p.m.
Download this document
|Parish Councillors Present:||Cllr. Alan Wood||Chairman|
|Cllr. Mrs .Corrine Gowman|
|Cllr. Mrs. Victoria Jago|
|Cllr. Michael Beckingham|
|In Attendance||Mrs. Mary Towle||Clerk of the Council|
REPORT BY WILTSHIRE COUNCILLOR, IAN BLAIR-PILLING
Tel: 01980 670812: mobile: 07518 942216 email: email@example.com.
Cllr. Alan Wood welcomed new Councillor, Michael Beckingham and he was asked to sign the Declaration of Acceptance of Office.
Apologies were received from Cllrs: Greg Morgan, Simon Vaughan-Edwards and Sheila Symes
DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
There were no Declarations of Interest
It was RESOLVED that the minutes of the meeting held on 2nd July, 2019 be accepted as a true record.
REPORTS AND UPDATES
Cllr. Victoria Jago reported that there have been no planning applications since the last meeting.
b. Footpaths and Rights of Way
The Clerk reported that there is a meeting of the Avon Valley Rights of Way Group on 11th September. The Rights of Way Group under the leadership of the Wiltshire Council Rights of Way Warden will be putting kissing gates each end of Long Ground in the near future.
Cllr. Mrs Symes emailed a report: A meeting has taken place with the fencing man and a price agreed for the work which includes cutting the grass. The shed, small and main gates have been treated to get through the winter. Notification has been received of an increase in the allotment rent. Parish Councillors will be asked to decide at the next meeting if the increase should be passed to allotment holders.
d. Phoenix Hall
Cllr. Wood reported that
- The heating will be renewed in the Autumn – prices for new heaters have been received.
- They will be applying for an Awards for All Grant from the National Lottery for solar panels
- The Phoenix Hall will ask Aspire for a grant to buy a new carpet for the Committee Room
- The shrubs in front of the Hall have been cut back by volunteers
Wiltshire Council, Highways have been asked to look at the road closure at The Pound and to consider whether it would be possible for a partial closure of just one lane.
f. Tidworth Area Board
The next meeting is on Monday 23rd September at 7.00pm at the Memorial Hall, Ludgershall starting at 7.00pm
Local Plan Review – Consultation on 18th September at Marlborough Town Hall. Cllr. Wood to attend.
PARISH GOVERNANCE REVIEW
It was RESOLVED to ask the Boundary Commission to change the name of the Parish to Fittleton cum Haxton.
REPORT BY THE CLERK
1. Website. The Clerk reported that the website is live. If anyone has anything of interest which they would like to go on the website please email it to her and she will arrange it. www.fittletoncumhaxton.co.uk.
a. There is a balance of £7284.39 as at 1st September, 2019.
b. Cheques authorised since last meeting:
Community First – Insurance £213.32
Mrs. M. Towle – Stationery £15.00
c. It was RESOLVED that the School be given a donation of £100 for new reading record books
No correspondence has been received
ITEMS FOR NEXT MEETING
- Autumn Tidy Day – 3rd November 10.00am at the Pound. Clerk to advertise in Newsletter.
- Lights Ceremony – 13th December at 6.30pm. Flyers will be produced and the Clerk was asked to inform SSE
- Silver Jubilee Cup – Agenda Item for next meeting
DATE OF NEXT MEETING
Tuesday, 12th November, 2019 at 7.30pm in Phoenix Hall, Netheravon