Minutes of the Parish Council Meeting held on Tuesday, 12 November 2019 held in All Saints Church, Fittleton at 7.30 p.m.

Download this document

---
Parish Councillors Present:Cllr. Alan WoodChairman
Cllr. Mrs .Corrine Gowman
Cllr. Mrs. Sheila Symes
Cllr. Michael Beckingham
Cllr. S. Vaughan-Edwards
In Attendance:Cllr. Ian Blair-PillingWiltshire Councillor
Mrs. Mary TowleClerk of the Council

REPORT BY WILTSHIRE COUNCILLOR, IAN BLAIR-PILLING

 

Cllr. Blair-Pilling reported:

 

  • The road closure at the Pound is ongoing.   At the moment it is a temporary closure instigated by Building Control to protect the building.  
  • Meetings have been held to consult about the new Core Strategy which will run from 2026 -2036.   The main topic has been to consult about where 10,000 new homes could be built.
  • The Boundary Review is ongoing.   The application for the change of name for Fittleton Parish Council will be determined under S75 of the Local Government Act 1972.

 

Tel: 01980 670812:  mobile: 07518 942216  emailian.blair-pilling@wiltshire.gov.uk.

19/39

APOLOGIES

 

Apologies were received from Cllr. Mrs. Victoria Jago

19/40

DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST

 

There were no Declarations of Interest

19/41

MINUTES

 

It was RESOLVED that the minutes of the meeting held on10th  September, 2019 be accepted as a true record.

19/42

REPORTS AND UPDATES

 

a. Planning

 

There have been no planning applications since the last meeting.

 

b. Footpaths and Rights of Way

 

The Clerk reported that there have been two very successful working parties, one to clear the kissing gate next to Corfe End Lakes and to make a Wiltshire gate to go along side it, and the other one to put a kissing gate on the north side of Long Ground in Fittleton.   This is work in progress as the Avon Valley Rights of Way Group have funding for 3 more kissing gates so that a circular route can be established which will give easy to access for all abilities.

 

It was reported that the footpath signpost at Lower Street needs attention.

 

c. Allotments

 

Cllr. Mrs Symes reported that Martin Symes has been repairing the fence which will be completed over the winter.   Notification has been received of an increase in the allotment rent and the increase will be passed to allotment holders.

 

d. Phoenix Hall

 

It was agreed to put in the 2020/21 budget a donation to the Phoenix Hall Charity of £1663 which includes £300 towards the Booking Clerk.

 

e. Highways

 

Cllr. Beckingham reported that the Pound is being damaged by heavy lorries and trailers and farm vehicles.   Cllr. Blair-Pilling is doing all he can to move this forward.

 

It was agreed that the Clerk would ask for a salt bin for The Pound.   She will also ask Wiltshire Sewers to clear all the surface water drains around The Pound.

 

f. Tidworth Area Board

 

The next meeting is on Monday 25th November at 7.00pm in the Phoenix Hall, Netheravon.

 

g. Jubilee Committee

 

The Clerk reported that there had been a meeting to discuss the VE75 Celebrations.   It is proposed to have a children’s party in the Millennium Park on the Bank Holiday Friday, a Swing Band in the Barn at the Dog and Gun on Saturday, and it has been suggested that there is a film show and tea in the Phoenix Hall on Sunday afternoon.

The next meeting is being held on 19th November.

 

19/43

PARISH MATTERS

 

The next Neighbourhood Tasking Group meeting will be held on 28th November, 2019 at the Memorial Hall in Ludgershall at 10am.   Cllr. Wood agreed to attend to raise the subject of parking along the Everleigh Road, Haxton.

19/44

REPORT BY THE CLERK

 

  1. The Clerk reported that there had been some CPR training which was very useful.   One person from Fittleton attended. 

 

19/45

THE POUND

 

  1. Telephone Box.   It was agreed that the Clerk should speak to the owners of Westbrook House to ask whether they would like to adopt the telephone box as it is situated on their property.

 

  1. Litter Bin.   It was suggested that the litter bin on the Pound is in the wrong place and should be moved.   The Council agreed that the litter bin should stay next to the seat as people using the seat use the bin.

19/46

SILVER JUBILEE CUP

 

It was agreed that the Silver Jubilee Cup will be presented to Dorothy Robb at the annual Carols and Mince Pies event on 13th December.    The Clerk will arrange.

19/47

ACCOUNTS

 

a. Bank Reconciliation: £6912.31 as at 1st November 2019

 

b. Cheques authorised since last meeting:

Landmarc – rent increase allotments part year £14.11

All Saints School – donation £100.00

Netheravon PC – printing poppies £3.60

 

c. Budget requirements 2020/21

To be put into the budget: 3 x flower tubs, 2 x finger posts.   Clerk to cost out.

 

d.  It was RESOLVED to give the Youth Club a donation of £20 to help with setting up a new arm of the Youth Club for older children.

19/48

CORRESPONDENCE

 

  1. WALC Newsletter
  2. Army Rebasing Newsletter

19/49

ITEMS FOR NEXT MEETING

 

  • Budget 2020/21

19/50

DATE OF NEXT MEETING

 

Tuesday, 14th January, 2020  at 7.30pm in Phoenix Hall, Netheravon