Minutes of the Meeting on Tuesday, 14th January, 2020 held in Phoenix Hall at 7.30 p.m.
Download this document
|Present||Cllr. Mrs .Corrine Gowman|
|Cllr. Mrs. Sheila Symes|
|Cllr. Michael Beckingham|
|Cllr. S. Vaughan-Edwards||Chairman|
|In Attendance:||Cllr. Ian Blair-Pilling||Wiltshire Councillor|
|Mrs. Mary Towle||Clerk of the Council|
REPORT BY WILTSHIRE COUNCILLOR, IAN BLAIR-PILLING
Cllr. Blair-Pilling reported:
- There are meetings in various areas of Wiltshire entitled ‘Focusing on the Future’
- There is a new structure at County Hall. Two executive officers have been appointed one for ‘place’ and one for ‘people’
- Wiltshire Council are cracking down on fly tipping and prosecuting where possible
- Money is being given for the next phase of the Porton Down Science Park
- Land is being bought in Devizes for business development
- Wiltshire Council will be increasing their council housing stock
- WC are starting an energy company to sell surplus electricity from solar panels
- Wiltshire Council are giving Wiltshire College a loan of £4.3 million
- There will be a meeting of the Paths for All project next Wednesday
Tel: 01980 670812: mobile: 07518 942216 email: email@example.com.
Apologies were received from Cllr. Alan Wood
DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
There were no Declarations of Interest
It was RESOLVED that the minutes of the meeting held on 12th November, 2019 be accepted as a true record.
REPORTS AND UPDATES
There have been no planning applications since the last meeting.
b. Footpaths and Rights of Way
Avon Valley Rights of Way Group
The Clerk reported that there will be another working party to put kissing gates across the field in the Corfe. This will make a great circular route around the two villages.
Cllr. Mrs Symes reported that all the allotments are taken. The rent is going up this year to £35 per plot. The fence has not been done yet, but it will be looked at when the weather improves.
d. Phoenix Hall
Councillors were reminded that the annual fundraising event for the Phoenix Hall will be held on 1st February. It will be a Race Night and tickets are for sale now.
It was reported that a manhole at Fittleton needs attention. Clerk to action. It was also reported that a street light is flickering in Meadow View. Clerk to report.
f. Tidworth Area Board
Cllr. Mrs. Sheila Symes reported that the last meeting of the Tidworth Area Board was very interesting. Included in the meeting was a presentation on the new arrangements for recycling which will be coming into force in the Spring.
The next meeting is on Monday 2nd March at 7.00pm at Tidworth Garrison Theatre.
g. Jubilee Committee
The Clerk reported that there had been a meeting to discuss the VE75 Celebrations. It is proposed to have a children’s party in the Millennium Park on the Bank Holiday Friday, a Swing Band in the Barn at the Dog and Gun on Saturday, and it has been suggested that there is a film show and tea in the Phoenix Hall on Sunday afternoon.
The Clerk reported that if Councillors or member of the public wish to take part in the survey which gauges opinion about the proposed name change of the parish to Fittleton cum Haxton they should go to:
REPORT BY THE CLERK
- The Clerk reported that the owners of Westbrook House have applied to buy the telephone kiosk. It was thought that it could be used for a Community use.
- The Clerk has asked Wiltshire Council for a grit bin at the Pound.
a. Bank Reconciliation: £5547.25 as at 1st January 2020
b. Cheques authorised since last meeting:
British Legion £18.50
Enford AV Youth Club £20.00
Square Meter Media £335.00
Peter Hayward – footpaths £350.00
Alan Wood – mileage and brackets £67.16
Mary Towle – engraving £11.50
Alan Wood – carol event £23.00
Mrs. M. Towle – Christmas drink + key deposit £21.98
c. Budget requirements 2020/21
It was RESOLVED that the precept requirement for the year 2020/21 will be £6396.00 which will be £56.77 which is an increase of 2.5%
- email from a member of the public asking for the litter bin to be replaced on the Pound. A decision was made at the November meeting so could not be discussed again.
- Letter from EnfordAV Youth Club thanking the Parish Council for their donation.
- Letter from Netheravon All Saints School thanking the Parish Council for their donation.
ITEMS FOR NEXT MEETING
Royal Artillery Museum
DATE OF NEXT MEETING
Tuesday, 10th March, 2020 at 7.30pm in Phoenix Hall, Netheravon