Minutes of the Annual General Meeting on Tuesday, 8th May, 2018 held in All Saints Church, Fittleton at 7.00 p.m.

Download this document

---
Parish Councillors Present:Cllr. Alan WoodChairman
Cllr. Mrs .Corrine Gowman
Cllr. Mrs. Victoria Jago
Cllr. Ed Binsted
In Attendance:Mrs. Mary TowleClerk of the Council

REPORT BY WILTSHIRE COUNCILLOR, IAN BLAIR-PILLING

 

A report was received from Cllr. Blair-Pilling and circulated by email to all Councillors.

Tel: 01980 670812:  mobile: 07518 942216  emailian.blair-pilling@wiltshire.gov.uk.

18/1

ELECTION OF CHAIRMAN

 

It was RESOLVED that Cllr. Alan Wood be elected as Chairman of Fittleton Parish Council for the year 2018/19

18/2

DECLARATION OF ACCEPTANCE OF OFFICE

 

The Chairman signed the Declaration of Acceptance of Office.

18/3

ELECTION OF VICE-CHAIRMAN

 

It was RESOLVED that Cllr. Ed Binsted be elected as Vice-Chairman of Fittleton Parish Council for the year 2018/19

18/4

APOLOGIES

 

Apologies were received from Cllr. Mrs. Symes, Cllr. Vaughan-Edwards and Cllr. Blair-Pilling.

18/5

DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST

 

There were no Declarations of Interest

18/6

MINUTES

 

It was RESOLVED that the minutes of the meeting held on 6th March, 2018 be accepted as a true record.

18/7

ELECTION OF COMMITTEES AND REPRESENTATIVE ON OTHER GROUPS

 

The following people were elected:

Planning Committee: Cllr. Victoria Jago, Cllr. Corrine Gowman

Allotments Cllr. Sheila Symes

Rights of Way: Cllr. Simon Vaughan-Edwards

Transport and Highways: Cllr. Ed Binsted

Phoenix Hall: Cllr. Alan Wood

Tidworth Area Board: Cllr. Sheila Symes/Cllr. Alan Wood

Jubilee Committee: Cllr. Alan Wood

18/8

REPORTS AND UPDATES

 

1 .  Planning

There were no planning applications

 

2 .  Footpaths and Rights of Way

It was reported that Mr. Peter Hayward has started cutting the footpaths.

 

3 .  Allotments

Cllr. Mrs Symes emailed a report as follows:

With 11 allotment plots paid up, still have 3 plots available to rent. It’s been a slow start in being able to prepare the ground and progress planting due to a cold but especially wet period since Christmas.  With better weather and lighter nights work on Allotments continues in earnest trying to play catch up.

 

4 .  Phoenix Hall

Cllr. Wood reported that the Phoenix Hall are struggling with a shortage of money for doing essential maintenance and a lack of committee members.   He said that he intends to arrange a meeting between the Chairmen and Vice-Chairmen of Fittleton and Netheravon Parish Councils to talk about the future of the Phoenix Hall and possible projects and how to fund them.

 

5 .  Highways

Cllr. Binsted asked if the 30mph be started north of the crossroad on the Everleigh Road.   He agreed to try to borrow a speed gun to gauge the speed of drivers on the Everleigh Road.

18/9

PARISH MATTERS

 

There were no Parish Matters to discuss.

18/10

REPORT BY THE CLERK

 

  1. Internal Audit   The Clerk confirmed that Mr. Glyn Jones has done an internal audit of the accounts and agreed that they are correct.
  2. The Clerk reported that the noticeboard in Haxton needs repair.   Cllr. Wood agreed to do this.

18/11

ACCOUNTS

 

a .  There is a balance of £2904.88 as at 4th April, 2018.   

b .  There were no cheques authorised since the last meeting

 

c .  Approval to an Exemption of External Audit

It was agreed that as the turnover of the Parish Council is less than £25,000 per year, the Parish Council would apply for an exemption to the External Audit.

 

d .  Approval of Annual Governance Statement

The Council approved each question on the Annual Governance Statement.

 

e .  Approval of Accounts 2017/18

It was RESOLVED that the accounts for the year 2017/18 be approved.

 

f .  Allocation of raffle prize money from Christmas Party

It was agreed that £20 be donated to Cheerful Cuppa and the rest will go towards new flower tubs.

 

g .  Approval of grant contribution for Booking Clerk for the Phoenix Hall

It was RESOLVED that £300 be granted to the Phoenix Hall towards the salary of the Booking Clerk

 

h .  Proposal to contribute towards concrete entrance to Phoenix Hall

It was agreed in principle, but will need to be budgeted next financial year.

 

i .  Hourly rate rise for Clerk as per National Pay Award guidelines

It was agreed that the Clerk’s hourly rate should rise in accordance to the national guidelines.

18/12

CORRESPONDENCE

 

  1. An email has been received from resident suggesting that Fittleton enter Britain in Bloom.   It was decided not to take up this suggestion.
  2. A letter has been received from the Chairman of the Governors of the School with an update about the process of transitioning Netheravon All Saints School to a Multi Academy Trust.

18/13

ITEMS FOR NEXT MEETING

 

Autumn Tidy Day

18/14

DATE OF NEXT MEETING

 

Tuesday, 7.00 p.m. on 10th July, 2018 in All Saint’s Church